Job Title: Project Manager
Location: San Diego, CA (Office-based)
Reports to: President
Acts as the primary representative for the execution and delivery of clinical projects; cultivate excellent Sponsor relationships. As the primary sponsor liaison and advocate is responsible to plan, execute, manage, and monitor clinical research projects. Utilizing existing templates, processes and programs as a guide and will adapt/develop, implement, monitor and be accountable for project protocols, operational plans, risk management, resources, project tools/materials, documents, timelines, and budget. Managing the day-to-day activities and performance of a multidisciplinary project team, ensuring all decisions align with corporate, industry, sponsor, and regulatory guidelines/requirements.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONS
- Manage the planning, execution, progress, and completion of assigned clinical research projects.
- Working with functional experts ensure all project activities comply with applicable regulations, guidelines, and corporate policies.
- Maintain operational, financial, and regulatory integrity and safety.
- Develop and/or participate in the development of project communications, training, regulatory submissions and/or audits and selection of third-party vendors as required.
- Manage a cross-functional team to ensure the appropriate creation, delivery, maintenance and disposal of all related data, documents, equipment, and tools, including protocols, SOPs, informed consent forms, case report forms and instructions.
- Prepare study/project updates and other project related reports as required to support the proper conduct and execution throughout the life cycle of assigned projects.
- Identify, assign, and monitor the completion of interdisciplinary project tasks that include project plans, database development and revision, data & image collection, document management, statistical analysis and/or final report writing and publications ensuring task completion performance meets or exceeds quality standards and sponsor/client, project and regulatory expectations and guidelines.
- As the project lead, will act as primary liaison throughout the project life cycle ensuring client/sponsor expectations appropriately managed, addressing and resolving queries/issues, planning, and executing all project meetings, assisting with laboratory operations planning, assisting with the development of stakeholder
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (Specialization in Sciences preferred)
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related experience in project management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Project Management principles
- Financial resource management/budgeting skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict management skills
- Highly refined relationship building/interpersonal skills
- Ability to use project management software tools
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time in static position
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail
- Ability to operate office equipment, including computers, copiers, fax machines, and phones
- Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence